Created by admin on 29 Jun 2008 | Tagged as:
ABOUT THE RECREATION DEPARTMENT
Harwinton Recreation Department
100 Bentley Drive Harwinton, Connecticut 06791
Telephone Number: (860) 485-0626 Fax Number: (860) 485-0051
Recreation Director: Suzanne Stich
Commission Members: Chairman, Michael Flowers
Darren Brown ~ Wayne Delmonte ~ John Goodno
Steve Graboski ~ Sabrina Janco ~ Bruce Wilcox
The Harwinton Recreation Department is committed to enhancing quality of life in the town by providing diverse recreational programs and opportunities, and improving leisure services to all members of our community. We hope you will take advantage of the offerings.
Residents are encouraged to use the Conservation/ Recreation Area. The area provides hiking trails, pavilion with picnic tables, pond that is stocked with trout each spring, three tennis courts, playground, and sand volleyball court.
All activities are at your own risk. Ice on the pond is not maintained or tested for safety. Trail maps may be picked up at the Recreation Dept office at Town Hall.
HARWINTON YOUTH SPORTS ASSOC.
The Harwinton Youth Sports Association (HYSA) sponsors instructional and competitive sports programs for boys and girls.
For registration information go to harwintonsports.com or contact Steve Graboski, HYSA president, at 485-2696. Registration Forms for youth sports programs are available at Town Hall.
BURLINGTON / HARWINTON YOUTH LACROSSE
Boys and Girls from Burlington and Harwinton in Grades 2 to 8 are eligible. The season begins in early March and runs until mid June.
AMERICAN LEGION BASEBALL
The Burlington-Harwinton American Legion Baseball organization is an American Legion baseball program for resident athletes. There are two teams, a 17U (17 and under) and a 19U (19 and under) which play in Zone 1 in the American Legion league. For any information, please view http://www.legion-bhct.com or contact Bill Parente at email@example.com
1. Complete a separate Registration Form for each person registering & return it to: Recreation Director, 100 Bentley Drive, Harwinton CT 06791. Registration Forms are available at Town Hall, online at: harwinton.us and by calling 485-0626.
2. Registration Forms may be returned to Town Hall by mail or in person.
3. Include your check payable to “Harwinton Recreation” with the registration form.
4. Programs requiring pre-registration have limited spaces.
5. Registrations are accepted on a first come, first served basis.
6. Most programs have a registration deadline. If no deadline is noted, registrations will be accepted until all spaces are filled.
1. Harwinton residents have priority placement in all programs. Unless noted, registrations from out-of-town residents are welcome if space is available. Non-residents pay an added $5 fee.
1. The Harwinton Recreation Department reserves the right to cancel any class or activity due to insufficient enrollment.
2. Cancellation information is announced on WZBG 97.3 fm or call 485-0626.
SPECIAL NEEDS PARTICIPANTS
Many of our programs may be adaptable to individuals with special needs. If you have an interest in a specific program or class, call 485-0626.